Modelica Conference series
The International Modelica Conference series explores the frontier of science and technology to model and simulate complex physical and cyber-physical systems for a wide range of research and industrial applications. It is the largest and main impacting event for application specialists, developers of model libraries and simulation software, as well as language designers of the equation based modeling language Modelica and related technology such as the Functional Mockup Interface (to exchange or co-simulate dynamic models). In particular, the conference covers topics such as symbolic algorithms and numerical methods to simulate equation-based, object-oriented models for design optimization, real-time simulation, and model-based control, in automotive, aircraft, space, robotic, energy systems and other areas.
The Modelica Conference is organized by the Modelica Association and a local organizer. The local organizer is selected by the members of the Modelica Association. The Modelica Association has 50% ownership for the financial responsibilities. A steering committee from the Modelica Association (see below) supervises the conference organization and guarantees the high scientific level of the conference.
Major rules for a Modelica Conference
- Only full papers can be submitted: Required are 4-10 pages with double columns according to provided templates. In exceptional cases, the Editorial Board can extend the maximum page limit to 15 pages, in case the authors provide a justification.
- Every submitted paper is reviewed by 3 reviewers.
- Accepted papers are selected based on the scores of the reviewers. If necessary additional reviews might be asked for. Remaining exceptional cases are decided by the Editorial Board.
- The proceedings are published electronically with open access in the series Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings (ISSN: 1650-3686, eISSN: 1650-3740).
- The Publishing Ethics and Malpractice Statement of this series is the fundamental code of conduct for a Modelica Conference.
- The local organizers of a Modelica conference must follow the Instructions for conference organizers.
- The authors of the papers keep their copyright and all rights on their paper and give the Modelica Association and Linköping University Electronic Press just the right for publishing.
The Editorial Board supervises the publication of the Modelica Conference Proceedings series, organization of Modelica Conferences and is part of the Program Committee for Modelica conferences. The Editorial Board currently consists of the following members of the Modelica Association Board:
- Prof. Peter Fritzson, Linköping University, Sweden.
- Prof. Martin Otter, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt, Germany.
- Prof. Francesco Casella, Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
- Dr. Hilding Elmqvist, Mogram AB, Sweden.
- Dr. Michael Tiller, Realis Simulation, U.S.A.
In case of general inquiries for Modelica Conferences, send an email to the Modelica Assocation board (board [ AT ] modelica [ DOT ] org).
Conference proceedings of the Modelica conference series (since year 2009, the conference proceedings are published by Linköping University Press; before they were published on the Modelica Association web):
15th International Modelica Conference 2023, Aachen, Germany, October 9-11, 2023.
14th International Modelica Conference 2021, fully remote event, September 20–24, 2021.
13th International Modelica Conference 2019, Regensburg, Germany, March 4-6, 2019.
1st American Modelica Conference 2018, Cambridge MA, USA, Oct. 9-10, 2018.
2nd Japanese Modelica Conference 2018, Tokyo, Japan, May 17-18, 2018.
12th International Modelica Conference 2017, Prague, Czech Republic, May 15-17, 2017.
1st Japanese Modelica Conference 2016, in Tokyo, Japan, May 23-24, 2016.
11th International Modelica Conference 2015, Versailles, France, Sept. 21-23, 2015.
10th International Modelica Conference 2014, Lund University, Sweden, March 10-12, 2014.
9th International Modelica Conference 2012, Munich, Germany, September 3-5, 2012.
8th International Modelica Conference 2011, Technical University of Dresden, Germany, March 20-22, 2011.
7th International Modelica Conference 2009, Como, Italy, September 20-22, 2009.
6th International Modelica Conference 2008, Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences, Germany, March 3-4, 2008.
5th International Modelica Conference 2006, arsenal research, Vienna, Austria, September 4-5, 2006.
4th International Modelica Conference 2005, Technical University Hamburg, Germany, March 7-8, 2005.
3rd International Modelica Conference 2003, Linköping University, Sweden, November 3-4, 2003.
2nd International Modelica Conference 2002, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt (DLR) in Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany, March 18 - 19, 2002.
Modelica Automotive Workshop 2002, Dearborn, MI, USA, November 19, 2002.
1st International Modelica Conference 2000, Lund University, Sweden, October 23-24, 2000.